2022 Focused Update on INSPECT and
Indiana Opioid Prescribing Laws
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thurs., December 15, 2022
Noon – 1 p.m. ET
The 2023 Live Opioid Series is FREE for Members and Nonmembers alike
In August 2017, Indiana began implementing a statewide, comprehensive platform for health care professionals to review patients' controlled-substance prescription histories faster and more efficiently. This platform supports Indiana's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (INSPECT) and transfers patients’ data into electronic health records and pharmacy management systems. Statewide integration of INSPECT is a key part of Indiana's efforts to attack the opioid crisis.
In this presentation, INSPECT Director Kara Slusser will discuss practitioners’ use of INSPECT, as well as recent changes to related statutes, regulations and guidelines. She will also discuss NarxCare, an enhancement to INSPECT now available through paid integration.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased familiarity with Indiana’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (INSPECT).
- Appreciate new INSPECT features implemented for practitioners.
- Identify patient risk with the use of NarxCare, an advanced analytics and patient support tool now available as an enhancement to INSPECT.
- Ascertain opioid prescribing trends across Indiana.
- Comprehend laws and regulations impacting practitioners across the state.
Director of INSPECT
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
About our speaker:
Kara Slusser, director of INSPECT, Indiana’s prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP), guides government and business executives in the health and human services space and is responsible for implementing PDMP practices that help providers to flag at-risk patients and curb prescription drug abuse.
With a focus on strategic state-based initiatives, Kara worked with Bamboo Health and state partners to launch the INSPECT Statewide Integration Program, which integrates controlled-substance prescription histories into electronic health records and gives physicians real-time access to PDMP data within care team workflows. Kara is a member of the PMP InterConnect Steering Committee, the Regional Judicial Opioid Initiative, the National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities, and the National Alliance for Model State Drug Laws.
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: No member of the CME Planning Committee or our speaker have any relevant financial relationships with an ineligible company to disclose.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or email@example.com.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Dec. 15, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the orange “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the orange “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the orange “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.