“Risk Management: Back to Basics”
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thurs., June 9, 2022
Noon – 1 p.m. ET
Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, significant levels of stress and uncertainty continue to weigh on the medical community and patients. As day-to-day operations continue to be challenging, focusing on two important risk areas is essential to reducing errors and enabling health care professionals to remain effective. “Back to Basics” was developed to help you evaluate your practice for potential professional liability risks and patient safety issues that may arise in your interactions and follow-up with patients and other health care professionals.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify contributing factors that may trigger disruptive behaviors associated with difficult patient interactions.
- Develop strategies for handling difficult patient encounters and apply techniques that increase the effectiveness of communication.
- Implement effective follow-up systems to track results and appointments.
- Apply risk management strategies for improved patient engagement, and use follow-up documentation to enhance claims defense.
Laurette Salzman, MBA, CPHRM
Senior Risk Management Consultant
About our speaker:
Laurette Salzman, a certified professional health care risk manager (CPHRM), serves as a senior risk management consultant at ProAssurance. She has expertise working in clinic and hospital operations, physician and staff education and health care risk management. She provides consultation on professional liability issues via the ProAssurance helpline, authors editorials, develops educational courses and presents at ProAssurance seminars for physicians, allied health care providers and practice administration professionals. She is also a member of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management and the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Risk Management.
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: No member of the CME Planning Committee or our speaker have any relevant financial relationships with an ineligible company to disclose.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 9, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the orange “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the orange “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the orange “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.