Third session in the monthly series:
TOPIC: Career Path Options
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
7 – 8 p.m. ET
Members - Free
Nonmembers - $490
NOTE: This monthly Discussion Forum is for female ISMA physician and medical student members only. If you would like to become a member, you may register for this forum for $490 and email Membership Services Coordinator, Vicki Riley, at email@example.com to have that amount applied toward the cost of ISMA membership. Or, visit www.ismanet.org/join to apply for membership, and then register for this event.
These sessions will not be recorded for future viewing.
The ISMA has introduced a monthly Women in Medicine (WIM) Discussion Forum to take the place of our 2022 Women in Medicine Retreat, which was canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sessions in this series will take place the third Tuesday of each month from 7 to 8 p.m. ET via Zoom. All female members of ISMA are welcome to join us to connect, network and discuss topics of special significance to female physicians today. Sessions will begin with a brief opening presentation, followed by a facilitated group discussion.
In order to receive CME credit, participants will need to complete the learner assessment survey (evaluation) for each session in which they participate.
Topic Description: Career Path Options
Main discussion points:
- Consciously seek new skills or experiences to add to your career “toolbox.”
- Develop the ability and willingness to pivot in your career plan when life throws you a curve ball.
- Do what you love, and love what you do. (Examples: Advocacy and public health).
- Be aware of complementary roles or previous vocations that inform the practice of medicine.
- Commit to practicing introspection and self-reflection to help guide your career path.
- Describe successful strategies to build on skills from previous roles to improve your medical practice role.
- Identify ways to shift career plans, based on unexpected changes in plans.
- Discuss the impact of introspection and self-reflection on career satisfaction.
Elizabeth Struble, MD
ISMA President, 2021-2022
Medical Director, Kosciusko Medical Group, Warsaw
Maria Del Rio Hoover, MD
Co-Chair, ISMA Women in Medicine Committee
Medical Director, Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Center for Children
Heidi M. Dunniway, MD
ISMA Past President
Co-Chair, ISMA Women in Medicine Committee
Chief Medical Officer, Ascension St. Vincent Health Evansville
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to identify, mitigate or disclose because the content of this activity is non-clinical in nature.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 17, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the orange “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the orange “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the orange “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.