The End of Indiana Medicaid Continuous Coverage Protections and Return to Normal Operations: Impact on All Providers
Accredited for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thurs., March 23, 2023
Noon – 1 p.m. ET
Since March 2020, the continuous enrollment condition has given states extra federal Medicaid funding in exchange for maintaining Medicaid enrollment for most individuals through the end of the month that the federal COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) ends. However, the federal Consolidated Appropriations Act, signed into law on Dec. 29, did not renew those funds, and states will once again be able to process Medicaid redeterminations and disenroll residents who no longer qualify, starting April 1. Many of those facing disenrollment from Medicaid may be eligible for other coverage.
Additionally, many other temporary authorities adopted by states during the PHE, including Section 1135 waivers and disaster relief state plan amendments (SPAs), will expire at the end of the PHE on May 11 and states will need to plan for a return to regular operations across their programs. This process is referred to as the “unwinding” process.
This session will instruct practitioners about these changes and discuss how they can educate patients so they can minimize payment issues during visits.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Comprehend the 12-month operational work to return to normal Indiana Medicaid operations, for both members and providers, after the end of continuous coverage protections in place since 2020 due to the pandemic.
- Know of and be able to partner in state efforts to educate Hoosiers about the steps they need to take to retain current or secure new healthcare coverage.
- Recognize the necessity of a robust outreach plan to help members have access to coverage to maintain their health.
Eligibility and Member Services Director
Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
About our speaker:
Nonis Spinner has served as the director of eligibility and member services at the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration within the Indiana Medicaid agency since 2015. Her team of policy analysts interpret federal and state regulations and statutes for workers and members across the state, giving guidance on particularly complex cases, guiding system changes to make sure they align with policies and priorities, and maintaining the Office of Medicaid Policy & Planning’s Member Eligibility Policy Manual in light of changing requirements. She oversees the Member Services team, who troubleshoot and resolve issues which prevent members from accessing healthcare services they are eligible to receive, as well as the new Member Experience team, who are building up Indiana’s capacity to include member voices into their policies and procedures.
Designation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this live webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Disclosure Policy: In accordance with The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any financial relationships with an “ineligible company” whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Statement: No member of the CME Planning Committee or our speaker have any relevant financial relationships with an ineligible company to disclose.
If you have questions, contact ISMA Continuing Medical Education staff at 800-257-4762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 23, 2023, at 11:30 a.m. ET
When registering, please ensure you are taking the following steps to complete the order.
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the event landing page.
- Your registration will then be “pending checkout.” Please click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your Shopping Cart will display. Please click on the “Submit Order” button.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted the order, an Order Confirmation page pops up indicating that “a confirmation email is being sent to you” at the email address on file. That confirmation email will contain the Zoom link needed to access the webinar.